What you can expect from the movement form Express Yourself (five or more participants)
- Conscious breathing and embodied warm-up.
- Non-judgmental and safe facilitation and play.
- A prompt related to an intention.
- Past prompts have included: a short piece of music, a poem, a developmental pattern, an emotional state and a piece of art.
- Past intentions have embraced such diverse concepts as: Trust, The Edge, Into and Out of the Core, and Yes/No/Maybe.
- An invitation to be present with your body’s sensory response to the prompt and the experience.
- An opportunity to translate your body’s experience of the prompt into and through color, shape, texture, size, rhythm, sound, movement and, sometimes, words.
- Safely and slowly moving your body parts and whole body in both familiar and new patterns
- Making the unconscious more conscious.
- Inspiration, invitation, support.
- An opportunity to play and enjoy moving your body
- Learning to move together with others as a group
- Integration and transition time to prepare you to move yourself back into your everyday world
What you might expect from the movement form Express Yourself (less than five participants) -
- see above
- a group of four or less changes the energy of the form and offers the opportunity for a more personalized process specific to the participants present. The form of Express Yourself with less than five participants is more similar to what Victoria offers in her individual private sessions.